BBC Guidelines for Birding in Cemeteries
When birding in cemeteries, members should be respectful of the cemetery and its visitors.
- Move away from areas where memorial and funeral services are being held and give grieving
visitors space and privacy.
- Follow all cemetery rules and regulations, particularly those concerning hours and parking.
- Avoid touching monuments, and do not use them for tables or backrests.
- Do not bring food or drink with you. Picnicking is not permitted in most cemeteries, including
Mount Auburn Cemetery.
- Avoid gathering in large noisy groups.
- Stay on paths to avoid trampling plantings.
- Follow all parking rules. At Mount Auburn Cemetery this means parking entirely on the
pavement; no wheels on the grass and only on roads without green lines. Do not park in the
areas designated for funeral business only, such as the visitor lot at Mount Auburn.